Wednesday 6 June 2012

Orks, or a Lack Thereof... UPDATED!

Hi!

Well I've spent quite a bit of time looking for Rogue Trader or 2nd Edition Orks on eBay without much luck.

The few that are turning up are either too pricey or missing the all important plastic arms and these arms are being sold for stupid money (in one instance £10 for a half sprue of about ten arms!)

Its looking like I am going to have to bite the bullet and just go for the newer edition Orks. Its not an ideal choice but I just don't think I am going to be able to locate enough Orks without spending a fortune or going mental trying. Its a rather infuriating situation to find myself in but as things stand I just dont see any other option. Hopefully I won't be letting down the spirit of my project too much though as I will still be using the clans and all the mad weaponry that goes along with them!

I will be placing a small order in the next day or so to see if I can convert them into a more pleasing looking selection with the heads being the first choice for either converting or resculpting!

All the best

HUZZAH!

Well it looks like I've managed to trade some old plastic battletech mechs for a host of plastic 2nd edition Orks and Gretchin! They are the old identical figures from the 2nd edition box set but it means that I can now field a Goff Mob!

I am going to have to do some serious converting to get them to look ok but I am relishing the opportunity!

Huzzah! The 2nd edition project lives!!

UPDATED UPDATE!

Another cause for celebration as I have now managed to pick up two Goff Nobs, 19 Plastic Orks and a metal heavy plasma gun wielding Ork to round out my force!

The plastics are the old multi part plastics (when you used to get 30 for about £10) and despite being painted I am sure I will be able to revamp them without too much hassle!

No comments:

Post a Comment