Tuesday 14 February 2012

A Tale Of One Gamer Part 1

Hi!

Well I have settled on a new mini project that should tie in all the bits and bobs I have been working on over the last few months. I am going to collect and paint up an army for Warhammer Fantasy Battle 3rd Edition.

Why you might ask, when I have been running a blog dedicated to all things Leviathan for the last three years? I must admit I do love the Leviathan setting more than the game itself. The rules have some nice mechanics but really should have had some more playtesting done to them before release and the Earthpower supplement has been lost for good.

I have really enjoyed playing skirmishes using Song of Blades but want some larger scale battles so am going to use Warhammer for the time being until I find anything more suitable.

Why Warhammer in general and an edition thats been out of print for decades? I put it down to reading some other players thoughts on Warhammer that convinced me to take a look at 3rd edition. Its got more of a sense of fun than tournament or power game to it which I like and I think I will enjoy using it, especially for specific scenarios rather than the more usual line up and smash that happens so often these days.

I am also going to be combining and converting backgrounds and settings to include elements of Leviathan, Crucible, Conquest of the Final Realm and even a touch of the New World of Warhammer to give me a setting thats a bit more interesting than the usual and will allow me to fight battles in the parched Eastern Continent of Aeroth and the lush unexplored land to the West, Crucible.

This will not just be a mass battle setting, there will be plenty of opportunities for skirmishing
on the frontiers and exploring the warped world!

Hopefully I will be able to crack on with getting my first regiment sorted within the next month but will also be sculpting some new bits to give these units some real variation. I also hope to post some background articles on the world as I go!

All the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment