Monday 14 March 2022

New Warzone Eternal Previews UPDATED!

 Hi!

There's been some new previews for Warzone Eternal in the form of a completed Imperial Golden Lion and an Algeroth Necromutant painted by Shoshie's Magnificent Miniature Painting:

Golden Lion

I'm liking the Golden Lion with the classic red and black tiger stripe camo and its got all the classic Warzone vibes from the heroic proportions to chunky gear and big shoulder pads!

Next up, there's the Necromutant:

Necromutant

This chap is really rocking the classic Paul Bonner artwork style but I do think the paintwork looks a bit incomplete and a little bit wonky and could do with a bit of finishing (not to mention some grubby rust for his armour!) but hopefully the complete figure will do the sculpt justice and I'd love to get my hands on one to paint for my own collection. 

UPDATE: Alex has very kindly shared some unpainted examples of a Necromutant so we can see the detail and its looking pretty sharp!

I'm really looking forward to seeing some more finished figures as well as some complete with bases and what the full launch range is like. It would also be great to see some unpainted examples so we can see what the bare bones sculpts are like.

Its quite exciting to see the figures are starting to appear and I'm pretty pleased with what we're seeing thus far and I'll post updates as we see more!

In the meantime, All the best!

6 comments:

  1. Oh, you certainly made the most of these minis! The golden lion looks awesome, and the necrtomutant gives me the shivers! love them both.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're rather nice but sadly not painted by me I'm afraid! The pics come from Warzone Eternal's facebook page. I believe the painter is Shoshie's Magnificent Miniature Painting.

      I do look forward to getting some figures to paint once the game launches though!

      Delete
  2. The details on the miniatures, but by sculpt and paint really show someone is putting some love into this reboot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed! I've got high hopes for the game when it comes out, especially compared to the seeming vapourware that Chronopia is turning into. Comparing what sculpts we've seen, the Warzone stuff is much higher quality!

      Delete
  3. Imperial dude is just a candy - really like it!
    Necromutant is just totally not my cup of tea but still hope to see it's final photos.
    Looking forward to see more models from the fresh Warzone range.

    Warzone 4evah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the Imperial figure is absolutely spot on!

      The Necromutant fits the concept art of Paul Bonner but doesn't match the iconic hump backed Kev Adams sculpts but I think in this case the problem is the paintjob on the figure as it just doesn't look quite right.

      I'm really excited to see what the kickstarter is going to be like as I've been keeping track of the Chronopia one with a bit of dismay...

      Delete