Thursday 24 February 2022

Planet 28 Kickstarter Update and Ponderings

 Hi!

Just a quick post this evening to remind folks that Nic Evans has a Kickstarter running at the moment for the 2nd edition of Planet 28 and has been posting a bit of an update about the open license he's offering for the rules and I'm rather excited to say the least!

With ten days to go, Nic has already raised over £10000 for what is shaping up to be a really exciting new edition of the game so why not head over HERE and take a peek. The lowest tier of support is £1.00 which will get you a pdf of the rules which is an absolute bargain whilst the rulebook is going to be £17.00 plus shipping which is pretty great value for a hardback!


Nic's latest post about the Open License has got me to thinking about thrashing out some details of my assorted settings, ideas and mini campaigns and having a serious think about making a mini supplement once I've got my hands on the new rules and had chance to digest them and I'm also having a bit of a ponder at trying my hand at putting together a Youtube solo play battle report or two if I can figure out the tech!


As Nic says, any creation cannot be an existing IP but there's plenty of opportunity to really develop some fascinating settings, games and characters using his rules as a framework and I'm excited to see what other folks come up with!

I'm still faffing around with my Tiny Troops but have almost finished my Junker force and will then get on with the other odds and ends I've got lying around that needs finishing so hopefully I'll have a bit more indepth of an update over the next day or two as I get some photos of the assorted figures I've painted up during the last couple of weeks and possibly even get a battle report written up but until then, All the best!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have some interesting ideas in the pipeline sir. Looking forward to reading what you have come up with.

    Might have to take a tally of my own sci-fi options and see what I can’t create for my own setting too some day. Sounds fun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We shall have to see how things go!

      I've got quite a few ideas floating around and really need to get pen to paper and write more of it up!

      Delete
  2. I was super excited when I saw the art. Just wish I could have snagged an original piece!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its rather fab isn't it!

      I'm really pleased to see Nic's kickstarter has been so successful and eagerly await the release of the book so I can start rummaging through it!

      Delete