Tuesday 7 July 2020

Playing Around With Land Ironclads

Hi!

Well it's been an eventful few days with odds and ends painted but nothing completed but I have been spending a bit of time playing around with my Land Ironclads project.


I've got my own ruleset that I've been working on alongside a few tweaks to the original rules as well but I've got to thinking about the possibility of using either Epic 40k or Battlefleet Gothic as they both would work really well with the concept of a landfleet of massive steampowered behemoths trundling around blowing up each other.


I need to do a bit of brainstorming to see what works best but if nothing else, it will give me an excuse to paint up the last odds and ends from the stuff I have for the project and I'm keen to keep working on my assorted landfleets.

I must admit that I'm missing working in such a small scale as it's really forgiving when sculpting and I have tons of ideas that I wouldn't mind putting together, be it monstrous wartower, steampowered land ironclad, magitech construct or even technological walker!

I'm going to do a bit of playing around with doodles and plasticard to see what I can come up with as my Vongola and Dwarves only need contraptions and some super heavies and they'll be complete. Next up I have to get my Gorathian Orcs finished and then I'll see if I can add an ally contingent of the human settlement of Pinecliff for my Dwarves. It will involve some infantry, cavalry and even the odd contraption provided by the Order of the Tower!

I'll get a bit of doodling done over the course of the next couple of days and post my progress here before tying to sculpt some of them!

In the meantime, All the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment