Sunday 23 February 2020

Anvil Class Land Ironclad

Hi!

Just a quick post this evening as I've finished a new Land Ironclad for my Dwarves in the form of the Anvil:

Anvil Class Land Ironclad

The Anvil personifies the Dwarves defensive choice of warfare. It is heavily armed and armoured and rather slow moving but capable of taking on much heavier foes due to it's heavy guns. It has been designed as an infantry tank and as such it's designers have constructed it like a mobile fortification with a blocky structure and good defensive as well as offensive weapons. 

Following early clashes with fast moving foes such as the Elves who often outmaneuvered the first Ironclads, The Anvil has rear and flank firing light guns to stave off attacks from unexpected quarters. It's broad tracks and two boilers ensure that it can cross even the toughest of terrain and whilst one of the slower of the Dwarven vehicles, it has proven to be a firm favourite with it's crews and the infantry it supports.

Ironclad and Anvil

As with all my Land Ironclad stuff, the Anvil is scratch built from some plasticard, paper and greenstuff and will be the standard medium contraption of the Dwarven Holds. I've got two more to paint and then I am going to move onto something bigger...

I must admit that I am surprising myself with just how productive 2020 has been on the hobby front and I seem to be happily pootling along in several scales at once. Better yet, I have a week of holidays starting tomorrow so hope to get more stuff painted and at least a couple of battle reports too so watch this space.

In the meantime, All the best!

3 comments:

  1. These are great. Making them from scratch is terrific work. I really like the sense of movement, with the steam and the tracks along the ground.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks!

      I've rather enjoyed making tiny tanks and am now pondering doing some 6mm for Epic sort of gaming but need to get more bases as I always seem to run out!

      Delete
  2. Wow, they look amazing, masterfully well done!

    ReplyDelete