Sunday 21 October 2018

English Civil War With A Twist

Hi!

It's been really busy with work of late with a last minute book festival to deal with but I've been putting a little bit of thought into a 15mm fantasy project and have found myself thinking of doing a bit of a twist on the English Civil War.


I've been looking at Peter Pig's most excellent range of English Civil War miniatures and am thinking of using either The Pikeman's Lament by Osprey publishing (with a little tweaking with Dragon Rampant) or Baroque by Dadi & Piombo which both look interesting and can be played with smaller numbers of figures than a grand scale sort of game.

Ye Rules in Question

I'm in the early stages yet, but I shall post some updates when I can but quite like the idea of trying out a new period of history (even if it won't be historically accurate!) and will post an update once I've settled on what exactly I am going to do!

Hopefully I'll get chance to sketch out some ideas in the next week or so but in the meantime, I think I am going to crack out some books and get reading as the Civil War period is fascinating!

All the best!






1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a very interesting project. I have also been bitten by the (mock)17th century bug and am doing a similar thing in 1/72 plastics ATM. I may have to 'borrow' an idea or 3!!

    ReplyDelete