Friday 19 May 2017

Governor General's Retinue and More!

Hi!

I've been churning my way through some more bits and bobs that I've had on my desk for quite a while and have got some of the Governor General of Farpoint's retinue finished!

The Governor General, Master of Arms and personal defence squad as well as mandatory spoiled and willful daughter!

I'm really liking how the little guys are turning out and I've now got vague ideas of expanding them into a full platoon...

Next up, there's the Governor Generals ride, a Silverthorn class lander:

 Swish Ride

It's originally a Syntha grav tank for 28mm but I figure it looks pretty decent for a 15mm shuttle of some sort. The only conversion I did was to add the small dome on the roof and it's done (looking at it I am oddly reminded of a Reaver Titans head...)

No ship would be complete without crew though so I've got a couple of hardy types to fly the thing:

Dashing Crew

I'm rather taken with the colour scheme of the Governor General's retinue so look forward to adding some more vehicles to the mix and am already planning some flag draped buildings to give the more salubrious parts of Farpoint some class. 

 The Governor on tour.

I'm still not sure what I am going to use rules wise for the force with Rogue Trader, 2nd edition 40k, new 40k, Necromunda/Shadow War and Gruntz all a possibility but I think I am going to just keep painting and see how we go!

Next up, the grunts of the Governor's guard:

 Lowly Footsloggers

They are Ground Zero Games colonial militia but I like the caps which kind of remind me of the Atreides from the Dune Movie and have a bit more panache than the more heavily armoured types.

Finally, it's not all been 15mm! I have finally finished the Bloodbound unit champion who can lead his savage brethren:

 Khorne!

He's a cracking figure and deserved the extra time I spent on finishing him but I am glad to be mixing things up a bit so I don't get bored.

Khorne Champion

Hopefully I'll get a few Stormcasts painted this weekend as well as more denizens of Farpoint so watch this space!

All the best!

2 comments:

  1. These are tremendously cool. I do really love the ship, and the yellow/black combo works perfectly on all the group. Great work here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      I've got enough for another small squad which I hope to paint in the coming week before moving on to some more villains and ne'er do wells!

      After that, I may actually have enough stuff painted to play a small skirmish!

      All the best!

      Delete