Monday 5 December 2011

Strange Tydes

Hi!

A while back I picked up a copy of Wessex Games Strange Tydes with the vague idea of using it as a basis for some naval gaming in the Leviathan setting.

Needless to say I didn't do anything with it but my girlfriend bought me a tin of the Wizkids Pirates collectable miniatures game on reduction from a local super store.



It contains eight little ships and some islands and although they aren't too fantastic, I do now have a couple of small fleets to give the game a bash at some point. I may have to invest in some blue fabric in the new year so I can try out the rules.

I also have Strange Grogg in PDF format which looks quite interesting and would make for some interesting skirmishes on the coasts and islands of Aeroth although I'm more tempted to use them to represent groups of pirates and corsairs off the coasts of Crucible... The rules for both could be integrated into a single campaign system without too much hassle so I will put the idea on the backburner for the time being until I have chance to clear my current projects!

All the best!



No comments:

Post a Comment