Friday 9 September 2011

Wargamers Woes!

Hi!

I have been taking stock of my wargaming habits over the last decade or so and have come to the realisation that I have been buying too much stuff!

For some reason I seem to buy lots of stuff but rarely get around to painting it before I flit onto another project, be it a new force, ruleset or whatever else catches my fancy. These miniatures then tend to sit gathering dust before eventually being put back on ebay. I will then regret it as I decide to pick up the project again, only to find I sold them months before.

I suspect this is quite a common occurance with wargamers and I have been thinking about what I can do to combat my addiction to buying stuff but never painting it. Oddly this seems to be a purely 28mm scale problem as I seem to be able to paint up all the 15mm scale stuff I get without any problem.

Therefore I have decided that drastic measures are called for, especially after the latest clearout! I am going to strictly budget myself to £10 per month on miniatures and ban myself from buying any more, no matter how tempting or how much of a bargain they are until the last lot is painted!

With such a small budget I suspect I wont be getting more than five or six miniatures at a time so thats not too much to get done. Its also going to be possible to collect a small warband a month with some careful planning!

Hopefully I will be able to keep to this target and I will post regular updates as I go!

All the best

No comments:

Post a Comment