Tuesday 28 April 2020

Lockdown Day 36

Hi!

With all the gubbins I've been working on over the last month or so I've found myself with a hankering to work on my Leviathan stuff.

There seems to be a bit of interest in the game all of a sudden, especially over on facebook which has been great to see and I am looking to get some of my assorted Aeroth themed projects worked on.

Of these, the furthest forward is my SD scale Boar Company:

Flint, Marik Goldhelm and Grimli

Over the years the Boar Company has fought a series of skirmishes with the rogue sorcerer, Marik Goldhelm and I've really enjoyed building the little chaps but have realised that I've not made anything for them in absolutely ages which I really need to do something about!

Boar Company on patrol

Next up, there's my 2mm Land Ironclads which are themed around my version of Leviathan:

Vongola Zephyrs bomb Dwarven Ironclads

I've got quite a few bits and bobs painted up for each force but my Dwarves need a few odds and ends added before they are complete and my Orcs need lots of infantry and cavalry, not to mention more Wartowers which I'll need to sculpt.

Necrosaur Wartowers face off against Dwarven Ironclads

Finally, there's my 28mm scale stuff that I've slowly been painting up over the last while:

Dwarves fighting an Elf Dragonbane

These have been both an old project and a new one which I've rather enjoyed working on. But how do I combine them together into a more complete sort of narrative?

I think I'm going to keep the 28mm scale stuff true to the original rulebook and aim to put together some small skirmish level games with a half dozen figures per side, much like a fantasy version of Gorkamorka with several fantasy races and warbeasts instead of buggies and bikes. 

This is going to be a bit of a slow burn sort of a project as I have got a fair few bits and bobs for most forces other than the Barbarians but it takes me ages to paint them. 

Orc vs Elf

The 2mm scale and SD stuff will be combined into a more original sort of a version of Aeroth with more tech and will allow me to continue exploring the world and its inhabitants. For example I am now needing to put together a Vongola SD force which is going to be interesting to say the least but it will allow me to play both small skirmishes and larger battles, at least in theory!

Vongola Task Force Coyote

We shall have to see what I can come up with in the coming weeks as I start tying together the disparate elements, projects and random gubbins that I've painted during lockdown!

Obviously, there are some projects such as War of Ashes, Rusty Robots and Flintloque which are very much their own thing which I will continue working on as time allows but I'm keen to see how I get on, especially as there's still no clear idea ho long this lockdown is going to go on for.

I'll post more of my thoughts on the process tomorrow but in the meantime, All the best!

2 comments:

  1. Happy to hear the boat company will make its comeback. Why not use them for your 28mm scale project? Or does the scale not match?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      To be honest I'm seriously considering just sculpting all my own stuff from now on as I really enjoy the process, even if it takes longer to get completed forces and it's got the added advantage that everything then matches my vision of how stuff should look!

      Delete