Wednesday 22 April 2020

Lockdown Day 30

Hi!

Well it's now been 30 days of the Lockdown and it's looking like we've got at least another few weeks to wait before we get back to work.

Looking at my blog, I've posted more updates and miniatures in the first four months of 2020 than I did all of last year and if things continue, I suspect I'll have more posts and miniature updates than I did in the last two years which is pretty amazing.

In other news, I've been keeping an eye on the Epic Challenge that folks are running around the Oldhammer community and it's got me thinking that maybe I should have a bash at painting up a new Epic force.


I currently have a number of Eldar, Squat and Space Marine units painted up but I have been thinking that I'd like to have a go at bulking them up a bit and possibly adding some new forces. I'll need to look through my Epic stuff but I do have a fair number of Epic stuff awaiting painting.

Unreleased Ork Walker (Oh how I wish they'd released it!)

In an ideal world, I'd go for Imperial Guard but that's one of the few armies I don't currently have any of but I do have Orks and I'm thinking of going for a Gargant heavy force and sculpting all my own stuff, be it Gargants, Stompas or Battle Fortresses. As I mentioned, I'll need to rummage my miniatures collection but I think I've got enough Orky infantry to give me a decent sized infantry and Battle Wagon formation.

I'll post a bit more pondering on the possibilities tomorrow but in the meantime, All the best!

5 comments:

  1. Epic was always fun and I loved whittling away at my Orks. I wish I hadn't sold them but that's always the way eh! A man of your skills could definitely sculpt/ kit bash those walkers y'know ;) Counts as, baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cool model! Never see that before!
    That piece should be easy to convert in 28mm scale - too bad I don't play orkzzz... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never seen this Walker before, almost like an unfinished Gargant, very fitting for the Orks at that time.
    Scratchbuilding and sculpting gargants sounds like a lot of fun. Orks are the perfect faction for a project like this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow didn't know about that unreleased piece either! I get why it wasn't tho, look half assed and subpar, which is perfectly fine for that age standard.

    I wish I could sort my epic stuff but it's in my fan's house so it's a NIET till end of lockdown.

    It's always nice to see epic stuff arround.

    ReplyDelete
  5. NEVER seen that on in my 15+ years of Epic worshipping. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete