Friday 17 April 2020

Lockdown Day 25

Hi!

Today I've spent a bit of time working through my assorted projects and laying out my collection to see what needs done.

As such, I've got the next two members of my True Atronian warband painted for War of Ashes, Shieldbash by Zombiesmith:

Wilddoe and Priestess

As I've already mentioned, I really love the quirky little sculpts as they are very much muppet vikings in style and have lots of character and have been an absolute pleasure to work on.

Here's the warband thus far:


True Atronian Warband

I have another six or seven to paint plus a large riding beastie so suspect that I'll be chipping away at the project for a few days yet. I'm also making solid progress on my Rusty Robots and will post a few pics tomorrow to show how I'm getting on with those little fellows.





I've been struck by how much enjoyment I've been having from the more cartoony or at least stylised figures that I've been working on over the last few weeks and hope to keep the mojo going by finishing the Atronians and the Flintloque boxed set asap and continuing on with my Rusty Robots too.

I'm also becoming more tempted by the prospect of picking up a few odds and ends to keep me entertained as I've noticed a couple of bargains on Ebay so may yet have a few extras to add onto my existing figures. To balance it out, I am going to post up some stuff that I hope to sell off to fund said purchases as I have got a fair few odds and ends that I want rid of but more on that another day, In the meantime, All the best!

6 comments:

  1. The style of the models is right up my alley, there is a strong Jim Henson vibe to them.
    I know must resist picking them up, but you're not making it easy on me by showing off your beautifully painted models.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're great little figures aren't they!

      I believe the chap who designed them is an employee of Pixar too which is rather fun. He's been previewing some 3d renders of a redesigned range, much as he did for the Quar stuff so it may be worth holding off picking up any just now as there may be a whole load of new sculpts out in the not too distant future.

      Apparently, they will be 28mm scale too which is a wee bit bigger than the current figures which are more like 25mm (they are mounted on 20mm round bases to give an idea of the size of them!)

      Delete
    2. Just wondering, have you played/read the rules and if so: what are they like?

      Delete
    3. Hi!

      I've got the rules for both Shieldbash, the skirmish set and Shieldwall the mass battle. They're rather nice, simple and straight forward rules that work well with the quirky miniatures.

      They also have loads of background and lovely artwork too and are free so well worth taking a peek, even if it's just for the background!

      Delete
  2. In my eyes they scream for a über saturated fur collar schemes, like Monsters Inc. ya know, cyan and magenta with pastel stripes and so.

    Yours remind me of that book... Where the Wild things are. With a touch of Thundercats.

    I like em a lot, didn't know that range, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're fun aren't they!

      I am actually painting the next one with purple and blue!

      Delete