Monday 20 April 2020

Lockdown Day 28

Hi!

Here's the latest addition to my 6mm fantasy project:

 Pigpen Hill

It's an Irregular Miniatures pigpen and a Dark Age house of some description that I've had lying around for at least ten years. I was gifted it along with a bunch of other Irregular fantasy stuff whilst I was still at university and embarrassingly it's taken till now to get it done!

I'm rather chuffed with how it turned out on it's mdf base and tiny hedges and fence made from cardboard and will need to get some bumpkin militia types to defend their homesteads from Goblin raiders.

 Gobbo's after the prized porkers of Pigsty Hill

After the success of this piece, I shall be grabbing the other pieces I painted badly back in the day and giving them similar treatment so that I have some entertaining and interesting objective pieces for my tiny armies to fight over.

Close Up

It's a really fun little project to put together and is giving me quite a lot of entertainment putting together. I hope to be able to put together a small force of Wood Elves soon to fight the Goblins I already have and will see how a 2'x2' gaming surface works for fantasy gaming as I look forward to playing out the Battle of Pigsty Hill!

In other news, I have been working on a few other bits and bobs that I've had lying around for almost as long as this piece and my Rusty Robots should have their first scenic item painted up and ready to go in the morning once the sand has dried on it's base.

I seem to be having quite a bit of fun with scenery at the moment and look forward to seeing what else I can come up with from my boxes of stuff in the coming week!

All the best!

2 comments:

  1. A very nice little scenic piece, hard to believe the pigpen is only 6mm because it looks very detailed.
    Looking forward to the rest of your 6mm gubbins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks really good. Very impressive painting for that scale too.

    ReplyDelete