Tuesday 21 April 2020

Lockdown Day 29

Hi!

I seem to be on a bit of a terrain kick at the moment and spent this morning putting together some quick scenics for my Rusty Robots!

Red Tribe shack

I found a whole load of small cardboard boxes that I picked up from Hobbycraft and The Range a while back with the intention of making 15mm scale scenery but with my current obsession with old projects, I decided to turn some of them into buildings for my Rusty Robots to squabble over.

Made from a cardboard box, lots of small pieces of card and some rivets made from cured greenstuff and a small ceramic mosaic piece that I had lying around, I quite like it!

 Shack and Steam Vent

I went for a heavily rusted and corroded finish with lots of washes of various browns and oranges to get the look I wanted then decided to add a freshish coat of red paint to the structure and last minute added the white detailing which I think makes it pop a bit more pleasingly.

 Three Fingered H0-eK guards a vital shack of valuable scrap

I spent quite a lot of time on it, despite it's ramshackle appearance and have now started a slightly bigger two story affair that will be a bit more ornate than such a simple abode.


While it's quite a simple shape I hope that the ton of cardboard gubbins has broken up the shape a bit and given it the appearance of a structure that fits in with my Scrapyard and I now have plans to put together a bit of a shantytown...

 Danger signs!

I also finished off a Steam Vent that I put together about a decade ago and forgot about.

Steam Vent

Game wise, these will replace forested areas and I will be making quite a few more of them in the not too distant future as well.

In other news, I'm hoping to finish off another True Atronian tomorrow and have also had a bash at sculpting one of my own as I love the style of them. I may yet have a go at working through a horde of Kuld, small ravenous denizens of the frozen north

Jaari, Elvirox, Kuld, Ki-Kak, Vidaar, True Atronian

I really want to get a second warband put together to fight against my True Atronians and the Kuld are a really interesting option with their horde of rather mindless eating machines but we shall see how we go!

In the meantime, All the best!

2 comments:

  1. Nice! I really like that shack, pretty nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice, love how well they match with the style of your robots. It's clear they belong to the same universe at first glance.

    ReplyDelete