Sunday 26 January 2014

Slann Warband Part 4

Hi!

Well the first unit of Slann braves has been finished but getting a decent photo in the stygian gloom of Scotland this morning has proved to be a bit of a challenge!

Slann Archers

I will try and get a decent photo taken of them tomorrow when I have a day off but I must admit I am really pleased with how they turned out! I decided to go with a yellow skin colour as its a bit brighter than the usual green and with the small conversions I sculpted on earlier, I do think they look quite decent as a Slann regiment.

In keeping with the Oldhammer theme, I also went for a plain green base as it suited the Lustrian vibe more than my usual brown basing and adds a nice contrast to the figures too.

I also have my Warchief almost finished but he needs a lots more highlighting and shading to make him stand out amongst his troops and will post some pics tomorrow of him once he's finished. This will leave me with just ten figures to paint to complete Whiskey Priests How To Oldhammer challenge.

I have a unit of ten warriors with swords and shields along with a champion and standard bearer from East Riding sat on the paint table but they need somewhat more extensive conversion than the archers. I am going to give them clubs for a start in true Aztec style and they all need headdresses and loincloths adding and some will also be getting padded jerkins to represent the light armour that the unit is supposed to be wearing.

Its been an interesting experience group painting a unit like this and although the end result has been great, I'm not too sure how much enjoyment I would get out of painting too many more in a single batch again. I think in future I might split up the regiment a bit more and paint something different in the middle to keep me from despairing!

All the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment