Thursday 23 January 2014

Slann Warband Part 3

Hi!

Well its my day off and yesterday evening was well spent adding a few conversions to the start of my Sann warband so they would be ready to start painting today!

First up heres a couple of shots of my Warchief:

 Slann Warchief

He is suitably characterful now with a two handed warclub and a truly impressive headdress to make him stand out on the table! As these Slann are going to be from the tribal frontiers of the Slann Empire, I am giving them a somewhat less civilised look with wilder head dresses and at most a loincloth for clothing

 Headdress Detail

Next up theres my archer unit. I had lots of fun adding little pieces of jewellery, clothing, headdresses and even face swaps on the little fellows to give them a more unique look than the two available poses would have looked if I hadn't done anything.

Slann Tribal Archers

The best thing about the 15mm nature of this project is that the conversions took an evening to do and I don't feel bad about chopping up and puttying them as they are both cheap and readily available and I wouldn't feel like I was committing some sort of heresy by hacking up some highly collectable lead!

As already mentioned, my Slann are initially going to be representing a frontier tribe who aren't particularly civilised but as the project goes on, I hope to add a few units of the Emperors finest and possibly even some tech wielding types!

Anyway, I'm off to do some painting!

All the best!

2 comments:

  1. Lovely, those minis are look a lot cooler with the nice GS work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the way this band is turning out, cool GS additions!

    ReplyDelete