Saturday 30 May 2020

Lockdown Day 68

Hi!

It's been a bit of a sculpting day here again and my Hunchback is pretty much ready for paint!

Jenner, Hunchback and Panther

I do like the rather silly design with its massive boombox shoulder mounted autocannon and tiny arms and massive chunky legs and think it will make a good addition to my fledgeling force. I've been trying to keep the sculpts close to the original designs but there are some which are so ugly that they just need a bit of a rework into something a bit cuter!

I'll try and get some mechs painted tomorrow so my pirate lance is finished and I will need to start on a few other bits and bobs to flesh out my Battletech project a bit.

I'm keen to give each of my small forces a decent selection of light, medium, heavy and assault Mechs so will need to have a bit of a think about what I want each to have and how I'm going to sculpt them.

Speaking of sculpting, I have had a bit of a peruse of Critter Commandos and quite like the idea of it so have decided to play around with some sculpts and have made a start on my Penguin Patrol:

Penguin troops and Bad Egg power armour

They've been really fun little sculpts to work on but there's still a fair amount still to do to get up to a full squad of infantry and power armour and possibly a Tech or vehicle or two but we shall see what I can come up with.

I've also sketched out some Bunnies with guns and a Bunny version of the Thundercats tank so may try my hand at making a bigger vehicle...

Sadly I'm running a bit low on sculpting supplies so am having to pace myself till more arrive next week but hopefully the pause in sculpting will give me a bit of time to work on painting what I've been making!


7 comments:

  1. I restocked not long ago... It's a must nowadays.

    Lovely little arm (hunchback).

    No no no... Not hares but RATZI empire next! They are the bad dudes after all, these penguins need a true menace to face and feel heroic.

    He-man was awesome cause he faced a guy like skeletor. Same with Optimus, etc. give em' the villains they desevere first, then expand from that =)

    Can't wait to see it all painted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shall need to do some drawing to see what I can come up with!

      Some proper villains are indeed a must though.

      Delete
  2. I like the robots. They remind me of the mechs from an old Fighting Fantasy gamebook called Dinosaur Commando, which was every bit as awesome as it sounds. It's very impressive that you're able to achieve all this with plasticard and green stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh! I remember Dinosaur Commando! It was the most difficult Fighting Fantasy book I ever played and I'm not sure I ever managed to complete it!

      I'm really looking forward to getting some Assault class Mechs put together as well as trying my hand at infantry in the scale and some Aerospace assets too!

      Delete
  3. More crazy and kind of adorable additions. Curious about which mechs you find so ugly they need an overhaul (I can think of a few myself actually).

    ReplyDelete