Sunday 3 May 2020

Lockdown Day 41

Hi!

Here's the latest additions to my War of Ashes project:

Kuld!

I now have four normal Kuld and a Goola, the central figure in the picture who will be my warbands temporary leader until I get a few more figures sculpted up.

Game wise, the Kuld are a horde force who overwhelm foes by sheer weight of numbers and pummel them before consuming anything they find. I need to finish sculpts of another four of the little guys which will give me the basis of a decent little warband.


I'm also working on a Shuda, a corpulent Kuld who has the ability to vomit surprising distances which will give me some ranged firepower.

I'm really enjoying sculpting the little guys and at the rate I am going at, I'll have a decent sized warband within the next couple of weeks!

Hopefully tomorrow will see more painted Kuld and Rusty Robots so watch this space.

In the meantime, All the best!

4 comments:

  1. Somehow, bases look like 20mm instead of the "usual" 25mm.

    They are ultra cute and the colour choice is amazing! While writing I keep seeing their funny faces on my mind, I think I've even seen a scar faced one!

    I'm the drawing they look like complete bastards thought...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are indeed 20mm round bases as the War of Ashes range is lovely but rather small!

      The Kuld are a horde of eating machines that devour all they encounter and have been driven south from the northern realms by the encroaching ice caused by the sun fading to a dull red.

      It's well worth downloading the War of Ashes rulebooks from Zombiesmith as they have some really great background concepts and the rules themselves are rather good too and better yet, they are free!

      Delete
  2. They are amazing, loving both the sculpts and choice of colour you made.
    They're exactly the kind of little adorable monsters you first see one from in movies and before you know it you're surrounded and they turn out not to be so lovely at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks!

      I love the War of Ashes setting as it's very much akin to the worlds created by Jim Henson. I totally recommend downloading the rules as they're fab!

      Delete