Tuesday 19 May 2020

Lockdown Day 57: Battletech Campaign Prep 1

Hi!

I posted up last night that I was hoping to play a mini campaign out using my papertech Battletech stuff today and when I got up this morning I had a look at what gubbins I have and realised that I wanted to get some more scenery put together for the games.

Looking at my scenery, I have got a few 6mm scale buildings and a few patches of scale suitable trees and a fair amount of rocky columns and other odds and ends but feel I need to add more to my collection.

Small Scale Terrain

I had initially planned on putting together proper buildings like my existing terrain but that will take time so after a bit of internet perusal I remembered that GERMY.CO.UK has some rather nice simple papercraft stuff. A bit of printing, cutting and gluing later I have some industrial buildings and some shacks.

Industrial Zone and Shanty Town

While they are a bit basic, they do the trick for quick wargaming terrain and were rather a lot of fun to put together and will give me some objectives for my Battlemechs to fight over and I will upgrade them over the course of the coming weeks to more robust stuff.

I do feel that they fit in well with the stylised aesthetic that my sculpts have so it's handy dandy!

I'm also working on making some roadways, rivers and hills as my previous games of Battletech Alphastrike has reinforced the importance of cover to add to the maneuvering of giant stompy robots which I hope to post pictures of over the course of the day. 

I've also got my first four mechs primed and ready to paint so we shall see if I can get some of them given a coat of paint over the course of the day and get everything prepped for my campaign game tomorrow so watch this space!

All the best!

2 comments:

  1. This looks cool. I like the slightly stylised feel of your terrain. I don't know much about battletech: I'd be interested to see how it works out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      Germy has some really nice 28mm scale papercraft terrain too!

      Delete