Monday 4 May 2020

Lockdown Day 42

Hi!

I've spent most of today sculpting Rusty Robots and rummaging out my old sculpts, many of which will be incorporated into my ongoing project.

I've also rummaged out a few sketches of some random buildings that can be found scattered around The Scrapyard:

 Robot Dwellings

I also managed to play out a quick skirmish using my Song of Blasters rules which pitted a Red Tribe expedition against some Black Tribe raiders. After a shaky start, the Red Tribe managed to drive off the marauders. Alas I didn't take any photos as half the miniatures are currently unpainted but my next game should have some visual records!

I'm painfully aware that I need to construct a load of scenery to make my vision of The Scrapyard come to life as there's much need for cover, scrap to salvage and dangerous terrain to navigate so I think I will spend a bit of time tomorrow putting together scrap piles and steam vents so my next game will look a bit more visually appealing.

Scrapyard Factory

Unfortunately I think my Rusty Robots notebook with all my collected notes is in my locker at work so I cannot do much about it till I can get back into the shop which is a bit of a bind but I think I have more stuff strewn around the place and will try and start uploading more Rusty Robots stuff soon!

I've also got a couple of World of Twilight figures that I've started painting which I'll hopefully have finished tomorrow and will get pictures once they're done.

In the meantime, All the best!

4 comments:

  1. Trying to guess if it's just color markers like in automotive design or watercolor painting ...

    Looking good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is indeed markers rather than watercolour! They are really handy for quickly bashing out concepts and trying out colour schemes!

      Delete
  2. Exactly the kind of background pictures I was hoping for, can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete