Sunday 17 May 2020

Lockdown Day 55

Hi!

Here's the latest additions to my painted stuff!

Furst up, here's another Black Tribe robot:


Armed with a scrap blaster and grubby hand, this is a more versatile robot than his two brethren as he can shoot and salvage. Scrap Blasters tend to explode though as they are shoddily made so it makes for an interesting experience playing with these little chaps!


Next up, here's another True Atronian for my War of Ashes Shieldbash project:


This is an official Zombiesmith sculpt and gives my True Atronians some ranged firepower. Sadly I can't seem to get a decent photo of her but her keen eye and bow will give my all girl warband some long range defence against lurking Kuld!


Next up, I've been playing about with a bit of SD scale Battletech sculpting and here's my first completed piece, the Hunter Light Tank:


I went for super simple style as I don't have any interest in spending hours sculpting but would prefer to get them built and painted so I can play some games. It's turned out rather blocky but should fit in with my Mechs once I have them done!

Here's the progress I've made on my mechs:


Currently I've just got the basics of body and legs on them but a couple more sessions should have them finished and ready to paint. Again I've gone for very stylised and simple sculpts but they should do the trick for my own purposes.

While I'm cracking on with the sculpting, I've been playing around with paper standees to allow me to play around with some games of Battletech Alphastrike:

Wilson's Hussars Recon Lance

While not as exciting as miniatures, they are quick and easy to put together and it allows me to sort out a lance of Mechs in next to no time which has been fun and I've even managed to play a third game of Alphastrike with the Hussars managing to pull out a win in their ongoing dust up with the pirates.
Pirate Lance

While I am using the basic and intermediate rules of Alphastrike, it's been quite a lot of fun and I'm going to add some reinforcements for both sides and will try and post a bit of a battle report over the next couple of days.

I'm thinking of using this approach to allow me to play out some other games too, namely Vor: The Maelstrom as I think it would be an interesting approach to trial games and rules without spending the pennies!

Hopefully I'll have lots more gubbins to post up in the next day or so so watch this space!

In the meantime, All the best!

6 comments:

  1. The white in the black robot tribe is disgusting in a good sense. It's hard to tell it's bone coloured or rusted out white. Also looks fleshy.

    Love the tank BTW so blocky looks like voxels in videogames (Minecraft) did you use plasticard or was it bulked out of putty!?

    GJ nonetheless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Black Tribe have been rather a lot of fun to paint as the gribbly rusty finish really shows up on the white areas!

      The tank's main body is sculpey with plasticard tracks and detailing and took about half an hour to put together which is handy! I need to make two more vehicles to complete a lance and am thinking of making a small spotter, possibly a Savannah Master (a super light and zippy hover vehicle) and some other chunkier vehicle to give me some direct firepower rather than just the Hunter's long range missiles!

      Delete
  2. I love where you're going with these mechs. The tank looks good, it's going to mesh really nicely with your aesthetic. The little mech cards look nice, don't you go doubting them! Sigh... Edging closer towards picking some mechs up to scratch that itch...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      I must admit that I've been looking enviously at the folks with 3d printers who've been printing out their own mechs as they look fab.

      I may invest in one once they get a bit cheaper and the lockdown is over!

      Delete
  3. Really nice vehicle, how did you do the tracks?
    Great drawings, we're so spoiled with miniatures these days we sometimes forget this is also an option. Don't forget that's how battle droids started and even GW produced a cardboard Ork dreadnought at some point.
    That being said, I must admit I look forward to your sculpts. If your old ones are any indication they're going to be amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Real cuties, all of them!

    ReplyDelete