Monday 21 March 2011

Barbarians!

Hi!

I have just placed a small order with PETER PIG for some ancient Germans to act as barbarians. I Having seen the quality of them painted (some years ago I had a bash at painting an ancient German warband using them) I must admit that I am looking forward to getting my hands on them!

Alas I haven't managed to find a company who makes classic Conan style barbarians in 15mm scale so am going for some proxies instead. Saying that the Peter Pig stuff is rather nice and with a little conversion, I am sure I will have a decent sized warband in no time at all!

They will give me some allies and enemies for my Boar Company to battle against and theres enough to field two clans worth, one who worships the Earth Mother and the other who have fallen to evil ways. Another possibility is to have some Children of the Moon added into the mix...

I am still on the lookout for some monsters to support them, but already have an earth elemental put aside and will be perusing the packs to find a suitable druid.

Once they arrive I will post a bit of a review!

All the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment