Wednesday 20 August 2014

Goff Ork Retinue

Hi!

Many moons ago, I sculpted up a batch of Orks with the vague intention of creating a Rogue Trader era Goff warband from scratch in 15mm scale. With one thing or another, I didn't get past the warboss and his immediate retinue of Nobz but my rediscovery of my 15mm scale figures has spurred me on to round off the warband a little.

Back in the day, I rolled them up using the random force generator chart in Ere We Go and came up with the following:

 Bigbosses in power armour with hand weapon, bolt pistol and plasma Pistol

 Bosses with heavy plasma gun and hand weapon and bolt pistol

Warboss with power armour, power fist and kombi bolt pistol.

The boss himself was painted a year or so back but I've never been too happy with how he turned out so with my recent burst of enthusiasm, I have removed his back banner and replaced it with a more impressive one, retouched the reds and redone his face as well as revamped the base. The end result is looking an awful lot better but I am not going to post it up just yet as I want to paint my way through his household Nobz first! 

Another warband that is seeing some further progress are the rather hapless Octopoids of MoFA who have just taken delivery of their very own set of wheels. There's a fair amount of conversion work needing done to get it to the painting stage, but if all goes well, I will be getting some pics up over the weekend!

All the best!

2 comments:

  1. Hi!

    Alas they've already been primed! I do have a rough plan to sculpt up a half dozen to a somewhat better standard and see if anyone fancies buying them with casting rights. As long as I can blag myself a few casts, I'd be more than happy!

    All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!

    I know Andy quite well! My main concern is that I don't want to infringe GWs IP as they get rather shirty when theres even a hint of a homage!

    All the best!

    ReplyDelete