Thursday 5 June 2014

Imperial Squadron Shapes Up

Hi!

Just a quick update to show my Imperial squadron as it begins to take shape:

The squadron so far

I must admit I am really enjoying painting the small plastic ships but have a hankering to paint some more large ships. I also want to pick up one or two more of the ship sprues from EM4 Miniatures so I can add some conversions and flesh out my squadrons for different factions and I fancy converting a couple of the Harpy class fighters to carry anti-ship ordinance like the Interceptors from the UFO tv series:


In other news, I have got the base colours of my Slann in 15mm scale done and a bit of shading, highlighting and detailing should have the first five done by the weekend. 

Having seen some of the fantastic characters that some of my fellow bloggers have been throwing together and painting to an obscenely good standard, I have realised that I really need to pick up some more character models to give my assorted warbands a sense of individuality as I currently have lots of rank and file but nobody to lead them gloriously into battle!

This leaves me with a bit of a quandary as the classic sculpts of Rogue Trader and Citadel have become a tad pricy so I am thinking of using an eclectic mixture of older sculpts which are still available and some of the more modern stuff and, dare I say it, plastic gubbins!

Amongst this assorted mumblings, I have been having a look at the new GW savage Orcs to add some native encounters on New Viridia as I currently need some more savages to populate the setting.


I currently have a single classic savage Orc but I am keen to get some burlier figures. I imagine the skinny little fellow would be a yoof, fresh out of the jungle so some older, scarred veteran warriors would look great. Sadly with work starting to demand ever more of my time, it may be a while before I get chance to carry through the idea into reality but we shall see!
All the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment