Monday, 26 May 2014

Catachan Patrol!


It's my day off work so its time to get some pics up of the Catachans I've been working on!

 Jungle Fighters!

It may not seem like much progress, but I must admit I am rather pleased with how they turned out. I've done a bit of experimenting with skin tones to get a more natural finish and the camo turned out alright as well!

I am hoping to add a few more over the next few days to round the squad out a bit and add some more different skin tones (I could never understand the GW everyone being white thing) Thus far, I have some of my command squad completed in the form of my cigar chomping Lieutenant and three guardsmen (and women!) and have another couple to add to give me a nice little force to get going with.

Speaking of which, I also completed a repaint of one of the old Mechwarrior Mining Mechs which has come out rather nicely too:

Game wise, its going to be a hastily modified lumber droid that has been pressed into military service with a multi-laser and military missile launcher rapidly fastened on to give my Catachans some much needed firepower.

Here's a scale shot showing the droid next to my warrior woman, who is one of the figures I picked up from the show the other week:

Hopefully I will be able to get some skirmishes in soon as my Orks are getting to a playable level too so expect some more bits and bobs over the coming week or two as I try and flesh out both forces to a more suitable level and have a bash at creating some terrain to represent the green hell of New Viridia!

All the best!


  1. Yeah, the paint job on the mining mech looks great.

    Their great proxies for robots/dreadnoughts in 28mm. I bought a bunch of them a couple of years back for that very purpose.

  2. Hi!

    I hate painting camo so I cheat whenever possible! I went for a bright green basecoat with a dark green wash over the top. Once dry, I painted on some bottle green blobs and then gave the whole thing another wash of thinned bottle green to blur the edges of the blobs a bit.

    Once dry, I highlighted with a tiny bit of bright green and finally added a little white to the mix to get the edges of pockets and creases to make them stand out.

    I do wish I knew how other folks manage to make camouflage look more realistic as I just can't do it any other way than as seen above!

    All the best!