Saturday 8 February 2014

Painters Progress

Hi!

I seem to have been bitten by the painting bug following my successes with my Elves and have finished off a couple more figures!

Centaur


The Centaur is an old Ral Partha sculpt and although a bit small by modern standards, he's a really lovely sculpt. Instead of going for the usual brown colour scheme, I settled on a bit of a bay look that worked out really well. He will be seeing action as a mercenary for the House Helios Elves until I get chance to paint up the rest of his herd.

Dwarven Veteran

I think this chap is a Heartbreaker sculpt and has loads of character. I may repaint his pipe though as it kind of vanishes into his beard. He adds a very handy double handed weapon to my Dwarven warband too and they are now nearing completion once I get some crossbowmen painted up. I do like the Kev Adams sculpting style for Dwarves. It makes them look a bit tougher and more rugged than some of the classic Citadel stuff!

Alas my holiday is nearing its end so I suspect I won't be able to keep up the pace of painting but hopefully I will still be able to get some done once I am back at work as I am really enjoying getting through my collection of unpainted lead.

I am also working on adding little features like rock outcrops and mushrooms to my bases as looking at the older stuff, they are rather let down with a plain brown base with just a little bit of static grass to liven them up. I am going to invest in some more Silfor tufts of different colours and even some of the flowers too which should help matters somewhat!

All the best!

3 comments:

  1. Love the centaur. Smooth painting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Centaur is lovely, I like the Dwarf too though. You are having no troubles with the larger scale at all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!

    Much as I'd love to, the centaur actually has a bit of a casting defect on the reverse side! He looks fine from the tabletop but look closely and you can totally see I bodged it.

    I can send over some pics from different angles for you along with a brief note on how I painted him though if you would like.

    All the best!

    ReplyDelete