Saturday 10 December 2011

Scenic Madness

Hi!

Heres the pictures of the scenery I've been working on over the last few weeks as promised:

Orcish Battle Line

Boar Company Dwarves Encounter an Orcish Warband

Rock Outcrop

Lift Trees

Assorted Fungi

I am quite pleased with the scenery I've produced so far as it brightens up the battlefield considerably and is of a decent tabletop quality however I want to push the quality up a bit to produce something more like this:





As Aeroth has been badly warped by the Death, much of its surface has turned to desert and the high mesas of the Axeblade mountains would look particularly stunning if I could have a decent bash at representing some of the amazing hoodoos, outcrops and other more unnatural phenomenon such as Lift trees, Fungal forests, petrified woods, pools of lava, ruined settlements and so on.

I think I am going to take a page from Steve over on PAINTSPLATS who produced some truly fantastic vignettes for Grendel back in the mid 90s:

Orcs Painted By Steve of Paintsplats

Amazing Scenery by Steve of Paintsplats!

I believe he used Das Clay which is a air drying clay which I have some experience working with so think I might nip out and get a pack. It has the added benefit of being nice and heavy so it won't have the tendency to shift mid game unlike the polystyrene I usually use!

All the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment