Thursday 8 December 2011

Film Night!

Hi!

I just watched Legend of the Guardians, the Owls of Ga'hoole on DVD. Its a surprisingly brilliant animation featuring owls! What really surprised me was its stunning backgrounds set in a mythical Australia. The sheer awesomeness of the scenery is worth the £4 I paid for it and it contains a load of truly inspiring imagery that would suit the lands of Aeroth perfectly!

As chance would have it I've recently finished some scenic bits and bobs and even managed to take some photos of them before my camera packed up and will post them here in the morning. Looking at my attempts thus far I realised that I need to really push the quality to make my games that bit more interesting.

Aeroth is a land warped by magic and inhabited by strange creatures and deserves something a bit more interesting than some feeble polystyrene hills!

Therefore I've decided to spend some time sketching out some locations to get the creative juices flowing and give me something to work towards! I know that I need to restrain myself somewhat as the scenery still needs to be sturdy and functional but I do believe that I can do better and a more interesting, not to mention scenery heavy board is libel to make for a better game!

I hope to post a few bits and bobs over the coming week featuring my attempts!

All the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment