Monday 13 June 2011

The Sad Side of Gaming

Hi!

I was in Birmingham this afternoon and decided to nip into the most local of the independent gaming stores (who shall remain nameless) . Having looked at their website I had seen they stocked a decent range and thought I would have a peruse.

Finding them wasn't too difficult as they are near an art shop I know but I must admit that I had to leave after only a few minutes. The problem was the smell. Now I know gamers have the reputation for being soap dodgers but I was rather dismayed with the stale smell of sweat that assaulted me as I entered. More infuriatingly I spotted some second hand orcs that would have been ideal but couldn't bring myself to buy them.

It was disappointing to once again be shown the stereotypical view of wargamers as a bunch of smelly men. It has put me off returning to the shop!

In somewhat related news, I was in my local Hobbycraft at the weekend in an attempt to pick up some Mantic fantasy plastics but was saddened to find they have stopped stocking them! Its probably for the best but I am irked somewhat that I seem to be foiled in all my attempts to purchase any wargaming stuff!

All the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment