Monday 25 January 2021

Lockdown 2.0 Project Log Day 31: Make it Your Own!

 Hi!

I've tried to put together todays update twice now and have waffled a great deal of nonsense but on re-reading them, decided to delete them as they were utter guff.

Instead, I'm going to take a quick peek at some inspirational baddies that I'm planning on importing into my alternative Imperium!

The Pharon

The Pharon hark from the pocket dimension of Vor and are one of the big bads from the setting. In Vor, the Pharon gained immortality but at a terrible cost with much of the population turned into decaying mummies but the nobles being rather better preserved. They have a lot of similar vibes to the Necron from GW so I can see combining elements of both into my own version of the Imperium.

As my own version of the Imperium is heavily based on Greek and Roman mythology, the Pharon will symbolise a different pantheon to allow me to incorporate Egyptian gods, goddesses and monsters into my own setting with the Pharon being the ruling caste but also allowing for human and other, xenos races as followers.

The Kryomek

The Kryomek are an awesome concept that comes from the game of the same name and incorporate elements of the Aliens movies and the Tyranids. I've been tempted by a bio-organic alien race for some time and love the style of the utterly alien species and want to get these guys infesting abandoned ships and overrunning settlements on the border!

The Dark Legion


The Dark Legion are the villains from Warzone and hail from another dimension and seek to destroy humanity and rule supreme! I plan on having these monstrous types as the followers of The Titans, the ancient gods who the first Emperor chained forever but whose followers seek their return. I've never been a fan of the whole evil chaos of GW and far prefer these insidious bad guys with their bio-tech, zombies and all manner of other dimensional horrors!

They will allow for cults to destroy the Imperium from within too! Elements of The Dark Legion will be representing the assorted Warp Entities from the original Rogue Trader book too and I've got lots of ideas for tying them all together in the Alternate Imperium.

The Plague

The Plague are created by an alien pathogen and tinkered with by unscrupulous megacorporations in Mantics Warpath and Deadzone games. I like the idea of hordes of infectious zombies with some big tank like genetic monstrosities rampaging through frontier settlements. Alternative Imperium wise, are they going to be unleashed due to an ancient pathogen, a punishment of the gods, genetic experimentation gone horribly wrong or a sinister scheme of the Dark Legion? Only time will tell!

I hope to put together some more background fleshing out in the next few days as well as show some more completed miniatures and terrain so until then, All the best!

10 comments:

  1. Big fan of the old Pharon, honestly wished that they produced more models and a book before FASA went under.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed! Vor is a fascinating setting and really deserves a bit more interest than it got. Sadly it's not looking like it's making a reappearance any time soon. The figures are fantastic but as you mentioned, really need more poses!

      Delete
    2. Looking around online. It seems that there was a book for the Pharons released. Along with the shard. I am thought only the union, neo so, zakere and growler books got published.

      Delete
    3. Ether way, I trying to figure out how to make necrons into Pharons now.

      Delete
    4. Indeed! They're available from Ral Partha Europe and may actually be on sale at the moment!

      Necrons with some bandages sculpted on is the way to go!

      Delete
    5. Guess I will send out a order for the book on pay day.

      Delete
    6. Make it so! From what I can gather, it was the last armybook released for the game and wasn't as balanced as the earlier ones but it's got lots of background gubbins and is worth a peek!

      Delete
    7. Yeah I just pulled the trigger on a order of the book on evil bay. Should get it next week. Then see what inspertation I can gather from it.

      Delete
    8. I'll be interested to see how you find it!

      I've just finished an old metal Necron who will be seeing double duty as a Pharon chappy!

      Delete
    9. Very cool, the book still seems to be in transit for me. But the idea is still has me intrigued.

      Delete