Wednesday 4 October 2017

Ork Spotted on Farpoint

Hi!

Just a quick update this morning as I've got lots of stuff to do but I have managed to get my paints out and finish a miniature I primed at my last flat in the form of a Badmoon Ork Nob:

Nob!

He's from the first batch of sculpts I actually got cast from back in 2011 when I was commissioned to sculpt some space Orks to raise funds for my degree show. Looking at the original cast, the sculpting is pretty crude compared to what I can do now and I've converted him a bit to cover over some of the ropier bits but I think he's turned out alright!

I have a dozen or so more that will be added to a small warband to act as raiders or hired thugs. I am also humming and hahing about giving him a back banner as everyone knows that a proper Orky boss needs a back banner to show how important he is!

Hopefully I'll have a couple more painted this evening and will post updates as and when I get the chance!

All the best!

3 comments:

  1. He'd look good if he was 28mm but the fact that he's 15mm is really impressive. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am always taken aback by your work in smaller scales. Sure, your newer stuff is more polished, but that's still a heck of a nice looking ork. Convincing and characterful. And well painted, I might add. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments folks!

    I've got a second, thuggish Ork almost finished and will get him uploaded asap although I seem to be going through a yellow phase as my Imperial Guard are yellow and black too...

    15mm scale is great fun to sculpt in as you need to exaggerate features to make them visible from a distance and I actually have a half dozen or so more Ork sculpts sat almost finished at the mo and will take pics when I get chance!

    All the best!

    ReplyDelete