Saturday 21 October 2017

Badmoon Reinforcements Sighted!

Hi!

I've managed to get a few more bits and bobs put together for my Badmoon warband!

 Badmoon Warband

I've got two more heavily armoured Boyz done. one is from the Space Vikings range from 15mm.co.uk while the other is a slightly converted adventurer from CP Models. Both were sculpted by me quite a while back and I've had them sat unpainted for years but have decided to finally get round to painting them up.

 Ork Boyz

Both have had a little bit of conversion work to either bulk them up a little or to give them some more suitably Orkish detailing.

Next up there's a Badmoon warbuggy with some seriously heavy ordinance in the form of a mass of rocket pods bolted onto the buggies frame:

Warbuggy 

The buggy is originally from the old 10mm Mechwarrior range but it does make a rather mental but fun light vehicle for 15mm scale.

 WHOOSH!

I have no idea how I'll stat it up for games but it certainly looks the part for a Badmoon Ork force as it looks like some rather unhinged Mekboy has decided to just rivet on as many shooty rokkets as he could get his hands on.

 Rocket Packing

I have a second one awaiting a lick of paint but do like the idea of my Badmoons raining fiery death upon hapless Imperial underlings. 

I want to try and get a few more decent sized squads painted up but looking through my ever decreasing leadpile, I don't actually have too many left so may need to bite the bullet and pick up a few dozen more figures to round out the force.

Lastly, here's a Yak caravan with a diminutive Dwarven herder:

YAK!!

I sculpted these little guys absolutely ages ago (about the same time I sculpted the original Boar Company) and they've been sat primed in a box through four house moves, three jobs and a wedding!

I'm really glad I finished them off and do want to add one or two more including some caravan guards and give myself a fun scenario objective or NPC for Farpoint.

Hopefully I'll have a few more goodies painted over the next couple of days and will update the blog when I get chance!

All the best!

4 comments:

  1. Everything you are doing on this 15mm side is absolutely awesome, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great post - I wish I was this productive! The yaks are particularly fantastic - you can never have enough beasts of burden as far as I'm concerned!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey There!  
    My name in Joshua Stawiarski Co - Editor Of TalkWargaming.com

    Sorry if this sounds like spam, I just wanted to drop a message here say thanks for all of your years in supporting the community and hope it can also continue far into the future.

    Right now we are fighting the battle of looking for other content creators for our website but our reach doesn’t go as far we’d like.  We are wondering if you want to help us transform TWG with great pieces of work. We will provide as much value as we can to you, if you decide to take part, and to build a long-term working relationship.

    Here Is A Link To Explain In More Detail:
    http://www.talkwargaming.com/2017/10/content-creators-wanted.html

    Looking forward to hearing from you,
    Sincerely,
    Co - Editor Of talkwargaming.com

    Contact Me Here:
    editortalkwargaming@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really cool work. The yaks are great. They remind me of the creature from Labyrinth. I agree that you can't have too many weird beasts of burden. It's all got a lot of charm.

    ReplyDelete