Monday 12 January 2015

Warhammer 9th Edition Anyone?

Hi!

There's been some interesting rumours floating around the interwebs at the moment concerning the upcoming 9th edition of Warhammer in the next couple of months.


I've long given up on playing new editions of Warhammer which increasingly demanded huge numbers of figures and larger playing surfaces but the mutterings that are floating around the net seem to be rekindling my interest in the game.

If it turns out to be correct, the setting and game is going to be changing almost beyond recognition with the world going a bit post apocalyptic and new alliances being formed (apparently there will only be six armies but many of the races have banded together to survive)

Initial numbers of figures are going to be smaller and mounted on round bases! It also looks like Warhammer is going more 40k with lots of vehicles and big beasts and less infantry. In fact it sounds almost a bit Leviathan to be honest which is rather exciting too!

Now I am sure that all these changes are going to get a lot of folks up in arms but I quite like the sound of the way things may be going and will be keeping my eye out for further updates and who knows, I may even be tempted to have a bash at putting together a 28mm scale warband!

I must admit that I'd love to hear what other folks think of the possibility of a new and re-imagined Warhammer and if anyone else's interest has been piqued by it!

Heres the LINK to the current rumour roundup for folks who fancy a peruse. As they are rumours, I'd take it all with a pinch of salt but it could be the shot in the arm that the increasingly tired Warhammer world needs!

All the best!

3 comments:

  1. No, I gave up on Warhammer ages ago and I wouldn't go back - the system is to stifling. I prefer something where you can use your own imagination.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GW is suffering George Lucas disease - they can't/don't do anything other than Warhammer. So all they do is tinker around with something they should have moved on from years ago. LoTR provided something else for a time but it's time will be up soon enough. Maybe GW try to get the star wars licence and run with that. I understand they tried once but couldn't land it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmmm...Sounds like the death spasm of Warhammer Fantasy Battle to me. The 9th and last edition.

    ReplyDelete