Tuesday 27 August 2024

Pootling Around in Felstadt

 Hi!

I've been humming and hahing about Frostgrave for a while now. On the one hand, it's been around for a while and gets a lot of support, be it supplements, new miniatures and lots of folks playing it. On the other, I'm not sure I want to play the actual game as its just not quite my cup of tea. I'd prefer to have a more Mordheim style sort of a thing that doesn't focus quite so much on the mad wizards blasting each other with spells.


What I do like is the background that's lightly touched on, that a previously lost city has been rediscovered and bands of adventurers flock to it to explore and plunder the place.

I'm thinking of doing a somewhat toned down version with my bold adventuring party, led by Miss Fisher delving into the forgotten ruins in search of lost relics of a previous epoch and fighting all manner of villains, scoundrels and monsters!

I don't know if it's going to be set in the frozen wastes of Felstadt or in the post apocalyptic ruins of Aeroth or even the stinking boggy mess of Stump but I think it could be quite a fun mini project, especially if I use Brutalquest as my ruleset and build some characters loosely based on the Miss Fisher Mysteries, much as I did with my Inquisitorial team for Rogue Trader.

With this in mind, I nipped to my local model shop and picked up a box of Frostgrave Soldiers and have put the first sprue together to create a bunch of mercenary types to use as friend or foes for Miss Fisher.


I'll post some pics of my progress in the next couple of days but the figures are just what I needed to get out of my hobby slump as they are really easy and fun to paint, especially as I picked up a couple of Army Painter Speed Paints 2.0 at the same time which I've found to be really handy in getting figures done quickly but still looking good!

Once I've got the first five done, I'll post my thoughts on them and see how the project proceeds!

In the meantime, All the best!



No comments:

Post a Comment