Wednesday 26 February 2020

Spring Hobbytime Ponderings

Hi!

Well we're almost two months into 2020 and I seem to be achieving more with my scattergun approach to my hobby than I ever did with trying to focus.

Thus far I've painted 32 things ranging from large 28mm to teeny 2mm and pretty much everything inbetween and I must admit that whilst it's a bit frustrating not getting one project done and dusted, I cannot help but feel that this approach seems to be working for me!

I'm enjoying painting all manner of bits and bobs and my leadpile is shrinking for the most part faster than I have added to it and whilst games are running a bit sparse on the ground, I am slowly making progress towards having enough stuff painted to cover several different projects that have stalled badly over the last couple of years.

My 2mm Land Ironclads project is gathering steam and I've recently added a Dig Bomber to my Dwarven force:
Dwarven engineering at it's finest

I've also picked up some of Brigade Models Land Ironclads as a trade over on Facebook and have stripped some with the intention of adding them to my Dwarf force but as soon as I looked at them an entirely new army came to mind! I've since painted the first two of my Vongola Famiglia Land Ironclads (bonus points if you get the reference!) who will be giving me some city dwelling humans to brawl with my Dwarves and Orcs, or they may yet inhabit another world entirely but we shall see...

Speaking of repainting an old model, I have also recently completed this chap for my Leviathan project:

Earth Elemental

He's an old soft plastic Elemental Wall or some such from D&D but has made for a great addition to my Barbarian warband!

I'm also working on an Earthbound Dragon for Leviathan which I will post up as a project log at some point but that's for another day.

At present I find myself pulled towards the tiny and keep finding new ideas filling my head which is both great and annoying as I really want to finish my Dwarves, paint up some more stuff for 15mm, round out my Epic stuff, add my Witches of Selene to my SD warbands, play games and generally potter around but with the approach I am taking, it may take the whole year to do it but I think I can keep all the projects bubbling on even if it's a somewhat circuitous route.

We shall have to see if I can keep this enthusiasm going moving forward but I must admit that I am finding it heartening just how much fun I am having being so scatterbrained!

In the meantime, All the best!

2 comments:

  1. My first thoughts on seeing your Earth Elemental was Rock, Rock....from the monster on Galaxy Quest, lol. Look good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a terrific Earth Elemental, well painted sir.
    I'm most definitely looking forward to whatever you come up with next.

    ReplyDelete