Saturday 11 November 2017

Yes to 28mm, Ish

Hi!

Well I've settled on a bit of a project to scratch the 28mm miniatures itch that I've been suffering of late.


I've settled on putting together a bit of a skirmish warband of Goblins. My initial plan is to collect and paint up a dozen or so 28mm scale figures to test the waters and if things go well, I may expand the force by a few figures more.


I've realised that there is no point of me trying to paint up a full army but I think I can manage something a bit smaller. I do have a vague notion of painting up some 15mm scale figures for a larger army project but don't want to get carried away just yet.



I'm going to try and put together a whimsical sort of band of Gobbos, more akin to the inhabitants of the Labyrinth than the grim darkness of the Warhammer world and it also means that I can use pretty much any figure I want rather than trying to use just one kind of Goblin and I can add an assortment of random bits and bobs to keep things interesting!

Hopefully I'll be able to get the project started in the coming days and will post a bit of an update when I get chance!

All the best!

7 comments:

  1. Yeah! *cheerleading*

    Looking for some painting results - this might kick my ass for painting Mordheim greenskins which have been waiting for some care just for way too long :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here are some interesting if kind of pricey now GW goblins.
    http://red-box-games.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=17&zenid=f78b56247119f404a8fe19037e8bbad3

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds excellent. Looking forward to seeing the results!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you hunt around, you can find some Labyrinth-esque Goblins here and there.

    There's the Labyrinth boardgame itself, including the new(ish) Goblins Expansion (5 different Goblins).

    Some of the armored Rackham Confrontation Goblins would fit the bill.

    And I really like The Crow in the Cadwallon line. I don't know if he's supposed to be a Goblin or Dwarf, but he's in full (and funky) plate armor, so you can't see his face or skin anywhere. He looks like he stepped right out of the Labyrinth.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all the comments and suggestions folks!

    I've got a couple of figures painted and will post an update this weekend including lots ramblings about the setting and whatnot!

    All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent! You might find the Ogre Kingdoms gnoblars quite characterful, but I'm sure there's loads of others. Anyhow, I'm looking forward to seeing them.

    ReplyDelete