Wednesday 8 June 2016

Dwarves

Hi!

Well I am still working through the stuff that's been sat primed on my desk for far too long and have just finished a couple of Heartbreaker Dwarven crossbowmen.

 Crossbows Ready!

They are some of my favourite Dwarf sculpts with the long noses, rather unkempt beards and bulky form and I'm rather glad I persevered and finished them off.

I've always had a bit of a soft spot for Dwarves as they were the first and only army I collected and painted for Warhammer and later I had a cracking little warband of Chronopia Dark Tusks too. Sadly both forces went in one of my purges when I went off to university but I do have one or two figures lying around.

Dwarven Force

Now I have no intention of collecting or painting anything as mental as a Warhammer army as it took me a couple of days just to paint two of the little guys but I am wondering about proxying up some Chronopia forces as I loved the game and setting. 

Sadly I seem to have lost my rulebook collection during my last house move so I will need to see if I can find some replacements along the way. Fortunately I do have a PDF of the main rulebook so can make do for the time being.

We shall see how things progress but I have enjoyed working on them and getting them finished which has been the main thing!

In other news, I have also been slowly painting up a True Atronian warband for Zombiesmiths rather fantastic War of Ashes Shieldbash rules:

True Atronians

I highly recommend getting a copy of the Shieldbash rules as they are fantastic and the world and it's inhabitants are great fun too. For more info, check out either ZOMBIESMITH or my SOMEWHERE ON THE BORDER blog! 

I don't seem to be having much consistency painting wise at the moment as I flit from figure to figure but I am painting stuff and enjoying it and that is all that matters!

All the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment