Friday, 21 August 2026

Imperial Reinforcements

 Hi!

I've been steadily working away on my scratch built 6mm Imperial project for Farpoint and have finished a new infantry platoon, this time for the 50th ''Forgotten'' Frontier Foot:

Like my von Dorn house troops, they're made from a two strips of EVA foam, one forming the body, the second their weapon. This time round I added a small plastic rhinestone to the top as I wasn't 100% happy with how my von Dorn infantry had turned out so decided to experiment a bit.

The little rhinestone gives the figure a head and I really like how the resulting figures turned out.

50th "Forgotten" Frontier Foot Infantry Platoon

The 50th "Forgotten" Frontier Foot is one of the Imperial Guard regiments deployed in the Farpoint sector. Due to the rampant corruption and neglect of the previous Governor, much of their gear and indeed new recruits were siphoned off to Baron Vosk's personal forces leaving them a shadow of their former glory. 


Infantry with Copperhead support

von Dorn's arrival has seen the regiment beginning to be reconstituted but it will prove to be a lot of work to root out the corruption within the ranks, get each unit fully equipped and ready to perform their duties. von Dorn has instituted a crash training programme with officers and NCO's from his own house troops to work with the rather ineffectual 50th's command to get them back in order.  

Thus far, I've got a full platoons worth of infantry completed for the force consisting of command squad, six infantry teams and two heavy weapon stands to give them a little more firepower. I do have transports built but haven't had chance to paint them up yet.

My von Dorn force has also been given some reinforcements, adding a command squad and HQ vehicle for the platoon as well as a pair of Sentinels to complete the force for the time being.

von Dorn Command squad with Party Wagon

I've got a plan for making a second platoon of infantry, this time riding either bikes or skimmers which is in keeping with the rapid response theme of the army but will need to footle around with some gubbins to see what I can make...

von Dorn MKIV Sentinel scout walkers

After I've got the 50th Forgotten's transports painted up, I plan on making some rebels and Orky types for my units to fight but haven't settled on anything quite yet as I have several other projects to complete or indeed work on first!

von Dorn rapid response force

I must admit that I'm really pleased with the progress I've been making with my small scale projects and I've got high hopes of being able to play some 6mm scale reinforced platoon level up to company v company games by the end of the year. As its costing me virtually nothing to make them, its also a good budget miniature project too!

Hopefully I'll get some more stuff bashed out soon as I've got several other bits and bobs finished over the last weeks but just haven't had the time to get pictures of them but expect another update in a few days with more goodies to show.

Until then, All the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment