Wednesday 5 May 2021

Rogue Trader Meets Necromunda With a Bit of Inquisitor!

 Hi!

Well I've been back to work for a week and it's been fantastic but also fantastically busy which has left me exhausted when I get home and in no fit state to deal with any hobbying but I've spent a bit of time looking at the possibility of combining Rogue Trader, Necromunda and Inquisitor into a game that I'm thinking about trying to play.

It sounds a bit mental but I'm thinking of incorporating some elements from each, essentially the core game of Rogue Trader, the combat style of Necromunda and the D100 dice shenanigans of Inquisitor.

I'm not sure how it will work out but I'm hoping to get the characters and scenario written up over the coming days and try and play the game this weekend. 


To be honest, I'm not quite sure where the idea has come from but I'm keen on trying to see how different elements of each game work together. It may work perfectly well or be an unmitigated disaster but it will be interesting to see how it goes as Inquisitor Fisher and co are pitted against their old foes, the Orks as the followers of the possibly deceased Uruk the Unruly seek vengeance upon the forces of the Imperium. 

I suspect it will involve at most a half dozen figures a side and will be a heavily scenario driven but we shall see how it turns out and I hope to post some ramblings about the process as I get things put together so watch this space and until then, All the best!

6 comments:

  1. Necromunda is very close to original rogue trader. Minus the reserve phase which is cloned by allowing 'running'. The mental stats are all condensed into a single leadership trait which I suppose you could bust out for more nuance. It'll be interesting to hear what you pull from the inquisitor book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking of using a D100 instead of the usual D6's as I've used it a few times with Planet 28 and like the level of crunch it gives.

      I also like the way actions work in Inquisitor where you have a bit more option on how you activate but it still comes down to the roll of the dice.

      I doubt I'd want to go full on Inquisitor though as its a bit too detailed for what I'm wanting to do!

      Delete
  2. Just love the gangs you built!
    Supercool and have so much character!
    LAst 2 day's I've been thinking about converting Nurgle techno-demon as independent Necromunda villain. Rathering materials the the moment... 😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks!

      I tend to pick up all manner of utterly random bits and make do with what I've got rather than being able to collect an actual army but it seems to work out alright!

      I've recently picked up a handful of the old plastic Orlocks and plan on getting them painted up over the coming weeks, time allowing!

      Delete
  3. Hmm, I think it's an interesting idea, I'd love to see what comes out of this :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must admit I've no idea if it will work out but I've rather enjoyed mashing up some other rulesets into something different so we shall see how I get on!

      Delete