Wednesday 24 February 2021

Lockdown 2.0 Daily Project Log Day 61: Wardroid

 Hi!

I've finished off the first of my Wardroids for use in an upcoming game!

Hunter Class Wardroid Blammo

Created by Vash Hammersworn, the Hunter Class Wardroid is a quick moving machine intended to deploy rapidly and engage targets at long range with their lascannon before redeploying if foes get too close.

This particular Wardroid is designated Blammo by it's creator Vash and Inquisitor Fisher intends to use it to rescue it's erstwhile creator.


Originally an Em4 Miniatures plastic mech, I reversed the torso and like how it turned out, having a more dynamic look than the original. I plan on making another three of them, one armed with a support micromissile pod.

Vash and Blammo

Although they'll be used primarily for 28mm, they are scale neutral enough to be used in 15mm and indeed 6mm and are painted up in a similar colour scheme to my security troops. I had been tempted to go full checkers like the old Rogue Trader era figures but couldn't quite bring myself to put in that amount of effort!

I've got a few more odds and ends in the works and have a small order on the way from Ral Partha Europe which I'm hoping will arrive tomorrow which will allow me to get some more 15mm stuff added onto the to do pile.

In the meantime, All the best!


4 comments:

  1. Very nice indeed! I like the way you paint the glass.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks!

      In hindsight, I should have probably painted it round more like a camera lens but it'll do! I've got to paint some more of them and may experiment a bit more with their painting!

      Delete
  2. Very cool! I’m a big fan of all things mecha, so happy to see you post this one! Great color choice, but the dynamic pose is my favorite. Looking forward to see the rest of the squad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks!

      The EM4 Mechs are rather good and with a bit of reposing, they can be really dynamic without too much effort!

      Delete