Monday 16 November 2020

A Bit of Palette Cleansing

Hi!

It's been a busy few weeks and hobby has had to once again take a back seat but I've recently placed a small order with em-4 Miniatures for some assorted plastic gubbins to allow me to get one or two quick and easy paint jobs done, namely for Gamma Wolves when I get hold of the book but also with some Battletech crossover potential.

I've been feeling the need to get some really simple miniatures that I could paint up without having to put in a ton of effort and after a bit of ruminating, I remember having a load of the old plastic Space Rangers back in the day along with the Steel Warrior Mechs. Sadly they got sold off years ago but in a bit of a nostalgic moment, I figured I'd order a couple of them to have a bash at painting.



I have very fond memories of painting them in my teens in all manner of random colours so it's going to be interesting to see how they hold up to a more modern paintjob. I'm especially fond of the Space Rangers who have a real Space Crusade vibe about them:

Hopefully they'll arrive in the next few days and I'll post a bit of a mini review but they're cheap as chips and should make for a fun little project!

I've also spent a bit of time rummaging my Flintloque stuff with the vague intention of getting some more of them painted as I was really pleased with how my Deadloque boxed set turned out during the last lockdown. I'll see if I can sort out some odds and ends over the next few days as I have a weeks holiday coming up and with Dundee being in tier 3 of Covid, we can't go anywhere so I may have a bit of free time on my hands and will try and post a bit of a daily project log to cover my progress.

We shall see how I get on but I'm rather excited to get going with it!


No comments:

Post a Comment