Monday 27 January 2020

Painters Progress

Hi!

I've got my table set up again and have managed to get a couple of quick shots of my latest painting output!

First up, here's a half Orc I've had for a while now. He's originally from Grenadier but I picked him up from EM4 Miniatures a while back. He's been sat unpainted for ages but I finally got round to finishing him!
Half Orc

He will be incorporated into my Leviathan project and I've been trying to push my NMM style painting with all my stuff and I must admit that I am quite pleased with how he's turned out!

Next up, here's one of the skeletal ghosty chaps from issue 1 of the Mortal Realms magazine. At £2.99 I figured I couldn't go wrong and quite like how he turned out:

Gribbly Undead

Next up, I've got a couple of Barbarians, again originally from Grenadier, I picked them up about 10 years ago from Targe or Skelp (I can't remember which!).

Barbarians

Again, they will be incorporated into Leviathan!

I've also been painting up lots of my 15mm leadpile and have worked on my Wood Wode warriors:

 Wood Wodes

They are Peter Pig figures that I've had for goodness knows how long and they were really good for cleansing my painting palette when I start flagging with 28mm!

I spent ages working on teeny tiny shields which I am really pleased with:

Shield Detail

While not painted this year, late last year I got a few 15mm scale Dwarves done too for a bit of a Smallhammer project:

Dwarf Troops

I also found an old Mordheim Gargoyle which got turned into a 15mm scale beastie:

Gargoyle

It's been great to get so much painting done so early on in the year. I've also got to get some pics of my 2mm infantry that I've been working on but that's a post for another day!

Hopefully I'll have more pics in the next few days but in the meantime, All the best!

5 comments:

  1. All very nice! I particularly like the gargoyle. I've got one of those kicking around somewhere and never quite figured out what to do with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're on a roll! And a surprising amount of 28mm models I must say. Doesn't matter though, they're all looking fantastic.
    Great job on all of them!
    Really clever use of the Gargoyle by the way, I think I have a few of those as well and they will fit in nicely with the rest of my 15mm collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks for the comments!

      I must admit that the number of 28mm scale stuff I've painted this year has surprised me too!

      Hopefully I'll get more 15 and 6mm stuff painted soon though!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful work everywhere... but 28mm - really??? Traitor! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry! I have a stack of 28mm stuff that I cannot sell and am loath to chuck out so have painted a few bits and bobs and am turning it into inspiration for my Leviathan project.

      The rest of this month is going to hopefully see lots of small scale stuff though so watch this space!

      Delete