Monday 13 January 2020

A Man With (a slightly lunatic) Plan

Hi!

Well I seem to have come up with a bit of a plan about my hobby for 2020 and a fair sized chunk of it is going to revolve around getting my long lamented Leviathan project done.


I've reactivated my old Leviathan blog with a bit of a rambling breakdown of what I hope to achieve with it but it basically involves me painting some small warbands using classic Leviathan or other Oldish School figures to finally get a few games using the proper figures and blog about the process.


That's not to say I won't be busy here with 2mm/6mm/15mm stuff or over on Somewhere on the Border with my SD gubbins. I seem to have supercharged myself with creative zeal with over a dozen things painted within the first two weeks of 2020. I've also been working on some illustrations for a new warband for my SD project which will be getting showcased once I have the last couple finished.

I must say that I am hoping that I can keep this enthusiasm going by swapping regularly between scales so that I don't suffer the loss of hobby mojo that has assailed me over the last few years and thus far it seems to be working as I am even enjoying painting 28mm!


But what about my assorted sci-fi stuff that I have worked on over the years, specifically 15mm Rogue Trader? Well I hope to keep working on it and play some games too. I have also a vague plan to incorporate some Megacorporate forces based on Warzone but in 15mm and using whatever suitable figures I have to hand...

As we have my father in law visiting for the next few weeks, I don't have access to my mancave so can't get pictures of my progress till the end of January but my amazing wife has bought me a hobby tray thingy from Hobbycraft which allows me to paint in the living room and even comes with a handy LED light so I can continue with the drawing and figure painting HUZZAH!

Hopefully by the end of January my figure tally will have continued to rise and I will have lots of stuff to show when I finally get my room back and I plan to celebrate with some much needed battle reports too but in the meantime All the best!

7 comments:

  1. Is there a link for the leviathan blog?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here you go:

      https://leviathanwar.blogspot.com/

      I have most of the posts to re-read and format before posting them back up again so it is a bit short on content at the moment but most posts should go active again over the next week or two!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a good plan to me! Good luck with it and I look forward to the battle reports!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      Hopefully I'll get it up to speed asap!

      Delete
  3. Good plan, fingers crossed it will work throughout the year. It surprised me you're not planning on continuing your horned ones warband for your SD project. I really liked the one you already did and the artwork was gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Worry not!

      I've been working on concept art for a new SD faction in the form of the Witches of Selene!

      Delete