Tuesday 2 April 2019

Land Ironclads

Hi!

I managed to play a quick game of Land Ironclads this morning with my rather outnumbered Dwarven steamtanks giving the numerically superior Orcs a bloody nose.


I must admit that I rather enjoyed the game as it lasted all of half an hour and saw two brigades of Orc infantry trying to take a settlement while their Warbeasts took on the Dwarven machines.

It ended with the Dwarves having successfully defended the outpost but at a terrible cost with most of their Ironclads destroyed or badly damaged. The Orcs lost both infantry brigades and quite a few warbeasts but didn't manage to quite push the Dwarves away from the objective they were holding.

Sadly I didn't manage to get any pictures this time round but once I get a bit of spare time, I will be painting up my criminally bare Dwarven Ironclads and will get a proper battle report posted.

The Orcish Infantry supported by Necrosaur Wartowers

Looking at how things went with this, my second attempt at playing the game, I think I need to make some markers to show when units have fired as I kept forgetting and I'm keenly aware that my Dwarves need some infantry of their own as the Dwarves only succeeded in holding their objective due to some really bad activations from the Orcs.

Titanosaur Wartowers

In Land Ironclads, infantry and cavalry activate pretty normally but the larger warmachines require to roll for successful activation due to the number of technical gubbins that can go wrong with such complex machines and I used the same rules for the Orc Warbeasts, imagining it was their brutish nature not to want to do what they were ordered. Subsequently, the Titanosaurs and Mighty Titanosaur spent considerable time doing nothing much while the Dwarves were much more fortunate. 

The ensuing shelling saw two small Dwarf Ironclads decimate the Orcs infantry and Necrosaur formation while the remaining Ironclad and Cruiser shot up the larger Orc Warbeasts before they managed to get their act together.

I'm needing to get some more stuff made for the game as I really enjoyed the small skirmish I played out and enjoyed the climatic action which saw the two small Dwarven Ironclads first shell and then assault the attacking Orc infantry destroying them utterly!

Hopefully this will give me the motivation to paint my Dwarves up and add some new gubbins that I've been pondering on for a while but in the meantime, All the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment