Thursday 19 July 2018

Rumble in the Jungle

Hi!

Well it looks like my decision to return to 15mm sci-fi has borne fruit!

I've spent a few mornings before work repairing some damaged paintwork on my assorted miniatures and giving them a good varnish to stop it happening again and have even managed to play a quick skirmish!

The Governor General has been performing an inspection tour of an Imperial construction project on the edge of the slime forest when a Badmoon warband decided to raid the camp for supplies.

 Imperials and Orks deploy

The game was played over a 2'x2' board with about a dozen or so figures a side in under half an hour using a bit of a bodged version of Song of Blades and Heroes and the Imperials firepower saw off the Orks before they managed to breach the fence line.

I must admit that I really enjoyed the experience and have an idea to re-run it with some more Orks as they needed more numbers, not to mention some bullet shield Gobbo's to soak up incoming fire.

Ork squad on the move

The rules worked surprisingly well, especially when I changed some of the dice mechanics and gave the rules a bit of a reworking to suit my needs and I quite liked the fact that a small skirmish could be played so quickly and satisfyingly in such a short time.

I am feeling the need to expand my forces a bit too as already mentioned to build my Badmoons up to 20-30 models so they act more like the horde they should be and want to add another clan to the mix as I seem to be going through a bit of a yellow and black phase painting wise!

Imperial drone footage  

As I have limited space and hobby time, this small scale battle is just the thing I need and I am very aware of the fact that I can put together a warband in a weekend for the cost of about a fiver which is great!

I'm planning on further tweaking of the rules to make them better suited to what I want to play but have made a decent start to things and look forward to more gaming sessions over the coming weeks.

Imperial defenders stand their ground 

I am also in need of more scenery which I always enjoy building so expect to see some more gubbins soon!

In the meantime, All the best!

4 comments:

  1. Well, that looks great. I also am a fan of your trees, did you make them yourselves?
    Good to hear and see you got a project that got you going again.
    As a sidenote, perhaps you can dirty up (paint?) some of these vehicles, they look a bit too clean imho.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      The trees are made from some flock covered polystyrene eggs I picked up from Hobbycraft during their sale. They were 50p each!

      The construction vehicles are going to be getting a suitably grubby repaint soon too so worry not!

      All the best!

      Delete
  2. Great to see you back with 15mm again!

    Looks like you had a great game!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks!

      I'm hoping to add some more gubbins soon!

      Delete