Friday 28 April 2017

8th Edition 40k Musings

Hi!

Well after much waffling about taking a break from my usual hobby activities and I find myself perusing some of the news coming out about the new 40k that is coming out in June.

That was like, Ultra!

There seems to be quite a lot of outraged mutterings from the neckbeard community of power gamers who don't like change but for myself (fully bearded!) I quite like the sound of how things are changing. It looks almost like a return to 2nd edition but more streamlined and playable without needing a doorstop tome of a rulebook and it's also looking quite scalable so small forces are also an option rather than just Epic in 28mm.

Coupled with the fact that the narrative for 40k is actually moving forward a bit with new and interesting things happening, I may be tempted to pick up a copy and give it a bash!

Terra

It also looks like there's new larger scale Space Marines which I personally think will look great (especially when you look at all the Truescale conversions out there which make marines look properly heroic rather than rather Orangutans in armour.

I have been following the development of Age of Sigmar with rather a lot of interest and am slowly painting my way through the bits and bobs I have picked up and if GW can bring my jaded interest back to the fold, more power to them!

We shall see how things develop over the coming months and who knows, I may end up with some sci-fi gubbins to paint in the not too distant future!

All the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment