Saturday 11 October 2014

A Tale of Four Gamers Anyone?

Hi!

Following on from my last post, I am thinking of starting up a bit of a group project based on the old Tale of Four Gamers articles from White Dwarf.

If anyone is interested, please feel free to get in touch here and there doesn't need to be four of us!

The rough idea is to set a challenge to build and paint a force a little bit at a time and chronicle our progress as the warband begins to develop into a larger army.

Furthermore, I quite like the idea of developing a background to the force to really give it a character of its own and as a bit of a twist, what about trying to develop a less usual force? Can Warhammer be used in different settings? For example, I've been thinking about putting together a couple of warbands based on the classic Slaine Comics!


Can warhammer work with a setting other than the Warhammer world? Tune in later to find out!

All the best!

2 comments:

  1. I'll definitely be in and looking forward to it. I was actually thinking of Slann but that's probably a little too retro and they do fetch some serious bids of Ebay, so if you're not so stuck on Oldhammer, I'd probably go for something more recent. love the idea of a backstory and happy to encourage you to keep on painting with plenty of posts and comments :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!

    I've been doing the 6 month mountain reduction challenge in an unofficial capacity for a while now to be honest! I am indeed progressing rather well with it too but I do kind of want to try something a bit different too so maybe I will just combine the two!

    At present I am pondering creating Mordheim sized warbands rather than anything too big and expanding/combining them as I go. The problem is, I do want to try something a bit different than the assorted gubbins I currently have in my unpainted lead pile.

    I did have a big clearout several years back when I sold off nearly my entire collection and pretty much just have the bits and bobs I couldn't sell and a few odds and ends that I kept for nostalgia but I don't want to get into the habit
    of starting to dramatically build up the collection of unpainted stuff again.

    All the best!

    ReplyDelete