Tuesday, 21 July 2026

Tanks Aplenty

 Hi!

I've been rather taken with making tiny tanks over the last few days so I thought I'd share some pics!

Copperhead Class Tanks

The Copperhead class tank was created on Farpoint by Vosk Industries having gained the contract for a cheap and reliable tank suited for frontier duty. Unfortunately, due to Baron Vosk's rampant corruption, the project went massively over budget, late and the final result was less than satisfactory to say the least.

Under armoured, with poor speed and manoeuvrability and lacklustre armaments, the Copperhead is better known as the Coprolite by its unwilling crews as it is, quote ''a fossil and a bit shit''. Prone to brewing up when hit, the Copperhead is a very unwelcome addition to frontier garrisons. 

Word has it that von Dorn has personally sent some of his trusted advisors to Vosk Industries to twist arms and get a MK2 that actually lives up to the standards specified and quietly investigate where all the money went.

Copperhead Detail

I really enjoyed making some tracked vehicles and suspect I'll have a few more done over the coming months and ended up getting carried away and made a massive behemoth as well!

Super Heavy Sighted!

Surveillance footage obtained from a drone overpass of Vosk's estates sighted this monstrosity. Dubbed the Annihilator Vosk used much of the money from the Copperhead contract to sink into creating a massive super heavy tank he called the Annihilator.

The vehicle weighs in at well over 150 tonnes and uses all the most modern technologies including a grav propulsion system, composite Adamantium armour and a Plasma cannon so powerful that it can core even the heaviest Imperial vehicle or walker with ease.

The Annihilator Grav Tank

Thus far Vosk has tried to keep the vehicle under wraps but the suspicion is that he plans to use the monster against the forces of von Dorn if he moves against Vosk's estates.

Quite why Vosk decided to paint the thing in such eyewateringly lurid colours is unknown...

Annihilator detail

As with all my vehicles, the tanks are made from a core of EVA foam with thin cardboard, rhinestones and some other bits and bobs and have been great fun to make!

Annihilator detail

Alongside the massive tank, I made some tiny ones too! I envisioned these tiny tanks much like the British Vickers cavalry tanks from WW2. Hopelessly outgunned by the monster but relying on speed and manoeuvrability to keep their two man crews from being blown to atoms, they're handy for frontier forces needing light, fast armoured forces and more suited to colonial actions than facing any serious opposition...

Little and Large

I'm waiting on some more bases from Warbases (excellent company by the way!) so I can get these painted up and ready for action but I thought I'd share some pictures of what the vehicles look like before painting so folks can see some of the construction process.

Vickers class cavalry tanks

Simple shapes and nothing fancy. Its amazing what a coat of paint and some bold highlighting can do for simple sculpts!

I've also got a backwater infantry force awaiting paint but got carried away with all the vehicle manufacturing which will hopefully give me enough to play a game or two once it's finished but until then, All the best!


No comments:

Post a Comment