Tuesday 11 September 2018

Space Pudding Cultist Temple

Hi!

I'm about to flit off on a weeks much needed holidays but have managed to finish the newest addition to my terrain collection, the Pudding Cultist Temple!

 The Space Pudding Temple in all it's glory with Brother Maynard, resident loon.

Constructed from a hexagonal box from Hobbycraft, a loo roll tube and lots of bits of cardboard, plastic and grease proof paper, the temple makes an interesting addition to my collection. Be it a simple objective in a game or source of a sinister cult of brain eating space monsters, I've wanted to build one for a while!

I wanted to have a suitably grubby and somewhat dilapidated building in keeping with the rest of my collection but wanted to brighten it up a bit so settled on turquoise for the frontage. I then got the suggestion of adding pink details to it by my wife and think the combination looks pretty decent!

 The Pud Is Good!

I went to town on adding lots of hand written signs on the entryway, be they prayers from supplicants, or advertising slogans written by the cult leader, they added a bit of interest to the building and helped add to the somewhat demented ramblings of a cult of Space Pudding worshippers! 

The posters are made from greaseproof paper with a wash of brown paint to give them a more parchment style of finish and they look the business too with lots of pudding related commandments and ravings.

 Puds for the Pud God! Puddings for the Pudding Throne!

It took me quite a long time to construct and even longer to paint but I am really pleased with the finish and can't help but feel that it will be the focus for several campaigns in the future. Now all I need to do is paint up some suitably masked goons to act as cult members (I have quite a few ideas for this but more on them later!).

 Spycam view

There's enough space on the roof to land a small VTOL or add barricades for when the unbelievers need to be roughed up a bit too.

 Brother Maynard inspects the devotional texts

As I mentioned, I am about to head off on holiday so won't be able to do any more hobby related gubbins till I get back but think my next update will probably be some much needed figures as I an becoming obsessed with making terrain to the detriment of my leadpile!

Creepy Bag Lady inspects the signage, maybe Mr Tinkles would like to join...

Hopefully I will return from said holidays brimming with energy and raring to go on the further investigations into 15mm goodies and my reimagined Imperium setting but in the meantime, All the best!

10 comments:

  1. That's cool, it¡s full of details and that adds tons of charm. Damn nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's just a great terrain piece. I really like how it turned out, and it oozes old skool for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unreal Richard! Makes me regret not getting into 15mm. Can't wait to see your township/terrain build progress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All hail the space pudding and its deserty goodness!

    I really like all of this, especially the colour and the lettering on the top of the building. Really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Many thanks for all the comments folks!

    I'm hoping to add some hab blocks next but will need to spend a bit of time with the build side of things before I can show them. Handily I still have a few days holiday left so should get some bits and bobs built!

    All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I blew water out my nose when I read Space Pudding.
    A beautiful build.

    ReplyDelete
  7. At last... a church I believe in!

    ReplyDelete